Current Available Positions
At Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, we believe our most valuable resource is our creative and innovative staff. The excellence of Goodstone has been built from team work. Our select team of hospitality professionals work together daily to ensure Goodstone provides the highest level of excellent service to our guests who have come to expect nothing less than perfection.
Director of Sales and Events
Full time position at the gorgeous Goodstone Inn & Restaurant.
The Director of Sales and Events is responsible for soliciting Goodstone Inn & Restaurant as the ideal setting for Meetings, Social Events and Weddings.
• Must have a minimum of three years sales experience in the hospitality industry
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to creatively think and work within the full spectrum of all that is involved to ensure exceptional customer service
• Proactive team player
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing a plus
• Flexible work schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays
• Responsible for all aspects of conference and catering sales, including rooms and special events
• Makes recommendations to clients based on type and purpose of function
• Coordinates arrangements with the Executive Chef and Sommelier
• Ensure excellent lines of communication remain open throughout the Sales team and with all other departments
• Aggressively find and pursue opportunities for business by customer solicitation, follows up on leads, relationship building, and historical contacts
• Correspond with potential clients, providing immediate requested information, proposals, confirmations and follow-up correspondence
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all Sales department functions
The candidate will screen wedding inquires to verify financial qualification for an expensive wedding, show the prospects around, negotiate an event contract and work with the hotel manager, restaurant manager, executive chef and others to help manage the events. In addition, the Sales Director would develop our midweek corporate retreat business. Depending on his or her level of experience, the Sales Director may also help to manage Goodstone’s marketing efforts and may help with Goodstone’s sister property, Playa Cativo, in Costa Rica.
The Sales Director will report to owner, work with an executive team and report to the hotel and/or restaurant manager.
Compensation would be commensurate with experience with a base salary and a very generous commission program based on success. Typical benefits included.
Pleasant working environment and great team
Flexible ownership and entrepreneurial environment
Very high service and F&B standards and substantial experience required
Guest Service Representative
Essential Qualities: The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service, strong employee relation skills, and strong knowledge of computer skills with key responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Possess a high level of professionalism and customer service toward guests. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome using a positive and clear speaking voice. Listen to and understand requests and respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information.
- Assist guests with arrival and departure from hotel, while providing positive guests experiences.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Goodstone Inn & Restaurant brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, vouchers as appropriate.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions, communicating immediately with Hotel Manager for resolution and follow up.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Guest Services/Hospitality experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system (Maestro/Aloha)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
Goodstone seeks candidates with a strong background in housekeeping, with an emphasis on attention to detail and cleanliness. Competitive pay in an excellent work environment.
Housekeeper Requirements: Inn and/or hotel experience with a keen eye to cleanliness; detail oriented; excellent work ethic; flexible schedule that includes morning and evening shifts, both weekday and weekends; support team to reach common goals; completed background check required.